Half-Blood Prince Countdown





Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Did You Know?

I'm sure many of you have used Lux soap bars, or still do! Maybe you know that they're part of Unilever, an international company supplying worldwide.

Well, the Did You Know? part comes in that Unilever has changed they branding and is busy promoting a new range of Lux soap bars. Why is this worth mentioning? Well, every month Lux soap bars is on our shopping list and this month was no different. The only difference came when I went to she shelf to purchase my normal Pure White Lux soap bars, there were none on the shelf, which I found quite surprising as it's normally quite well stocked due to large demand. I inquired from a shop assistant about this and was told that Pure White Lux soap bars will no longer be supplied, due to Unilever's new range of Lux soap bars!

I was shocked to say the least, how can something that's been selling so well be removed, surely it would be madness, the company cutting off it's own leg!

I went to a couple of retailers and were told the same story, at least I was able to still find a couple of my Pure White Lux soap bars, old stock they called it. 

As normal when not satisfied with a service or an answer, I phoned Unilever to find out why they have made such a stupid change. A couple of days later seeing that my call was not returned I used the old trusted email, with return receipt when receiving. This worked quite well and within a day I had an answer to my question, well kind of. I also received a letter in the post from them two days later stating the following:

"The Lux brand is the master brand for Unilever and with the innovation of the global team it is unfortunate that they have omitted the Pure White Lux soap bar from the new range of Lux soap bars. Unilever South Africa is aware of the number of complaints that we are receiving about the omission of the white Lux soap bar from the range and have escalated this to members of the board as well.

May we suggest that you try ......... (other products from Unilever) as a replacement and or the alternate to the White Lux soap bar in the meantime.

We trust that we have satisfactory answered your query and thank you for referring this matter to us."

Ya right!

Unfortunately for me and many others I know this was the only soap I was able to use as I'm allergic to soap with colour and fragrance. 

Well let's wait and see what Unilever will do next!

If you're one of those people missing your favourite Pure White Lux soap, feel free to contact them and letting them know how you feel about it, every voice can make a difference, but do you have the guts to speak out?

Consumer Care Line: 0860 572 861

If you've got any thoughts, leave a comment!

No comments: