Half-Blood Prince Countdown





Sunday, 14 September 2008

Beijing Paralympic Games 2008 - Natalie Du Toit's 5th Gold


Natalie du Toit won her fifth gold of the Paralympics today, matching her haul from the Athens Games.

Du Toit took the women's 50m freestyle in a Paralympic record time of 29.20 seconds, finishing 0.13sec ahead of Russia's Irina Grazhdanova.

Du Toit, 24, said: “I was very nervous, because I knew it was going to be tight. Coming down the straight I didn't look anywhere in the pool.


"My race was to go out there and concentrate on the start and the finish and I think I got my finish right for once. My start was a little frustrating.”

Du Toit's victory in Sunday's sprint follows victories in the 100mbutterfly, 100m freestyle, 200m individual medley and 400m freestyle events.

No comments: